Currently the ICO offers membership on a society level only. With more than 180 national, regional, and subspecialty Member Societies from all over the world, the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) is a dynamic and global community.
Your society membership helps to jointly sustain our leading-edge clinical and educational programs and facilitates provision of high-quality ophthalmology care in low and middle-income settings. Join us in our efforts to build a World Alliance for Sight that ensures no one needlessly loses their sight. Access to comprehensive eye care that embraces promotion, prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation is critical to advancing world development and quality of life for all.
– The ICO is the only ophthalmology organization in official relations with the World Health Organization (WHO). Work with the ICO to implement recommendations of the WHO World Report on Vision and the World Health Assembly resolutions
– Join countries around the world in assessing eye care services and identifying eye care needs using the Eye Care Service Assessment Tool (ECSAT) and ECSAT User Guide (available in English, French, and Spanish).
– Benefit from resources of the ICO Center for Advocacy and influence policies and funding for eye care by speaking as one voice for ophthalmology.
– Participate in team building and leadership skills programs, such as the World Ophthalmology Roundtable on Leadership Development (WORLD) to gain insight from international leaders.
Join the world’s leading national and subspecialty societies to set the agenda for the future of international ophthalmology. Participate in the ICO General Assembly to enhance eye care, share ideas with other ophthalmologists from around the world, and help to build a World Alliance for Sight.
Receive a free, complimentary registration to the WOC (approximate value US$700.00) for your society’s ICO President or designate. Visit ICO World Ophthalmology Congress® (WOC)
Individual ophthalmologist members of ICO Member Societies are offered discounted pricing on registration for the ICO World Ophthalmology Congress® (WOC)
ICO Examinations candidates whose societies are ICO Members receive a significant registration discount and a complimentary access to preparation materials when applying for any of the ICO Examinations.
Candidates from low-resource countries whose societies are ICO Members are awarded additional points on the application for all ICO Fellowships.
Member National Societies are welcome to participation in the global bidding process to host an upcoming WOC event.
– Invite ICO leaders to speak at your congress and to co-sponsor your congress (contact ICO at email@example.com)
– Recognition and promotion of your Society’s meetings, news, and events on ICO communication channels, including on the ICO website, social media channels, and the ICO Connections newsletter, circulated to over 100,000 ophthalmologists around the world. The ICO looks forward to receiving news and events from our Member Societies to share with our global network at firstname.lastname@example.org
Use education, eye care delivery, and advocacy resources and share them with your society members.
Stay connected for partnership opportunities and various educational programs and initiatives, and to provide input into educational programs. Learn the latest about what is happening on pertinent eye care issues from the ICO Connections and social media.
Please contact us if you have any questions about ICO Membership at email@example.com .
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and sign up for ICO Connections.